A ductless mini-split system is comprised of an indoor unit called the evaporator and an outdoor unit called the condensing unit. The evaporator is connected to the condensing unit by copper tubing and electrical wiring which is passed through a 2 1/2″ â€“ 3″ hole. Basically, it is a small central air unit with the flexibility of cooling or heating one room or more.
- With Central Air you must cool an entire home when only one room may need cooling. On the other hand, ductless mini-splits cool only the areas you want and not the areas you don’t.
- 18,000 BTU is a typical minimum central air unit. With ductless mini-splits, you can use 7,000, 9,000 or 12,000 BTUs.
- Typical 3-ton homes are not zoned or require complex zoning systems, which makes it very expensive for the homeowner. With ductless mini-splits, multiple evaporators make zoning as simple as setting a remote control.
- Energy wasted in long lengths of uninhabited ductwork means higher energy bills. Less than 5% cooling loss occurs in insulated refrigerant lines compared with up to 25% through ducts.
- Retrofitting homes requires cutting holes in walls, floors, ceilings or decreasing closet space with ducts. Ductless mini-splits requires just a 3″ or 4″ diameter hole in the outside wall. Means less mess and better home aesthetics.
For over 35 years Fujitsu has been working hard to make the world a more comfortable place. We have produced and shipped millions of air conditioning systems throughout the world, making the hottest places cool and the coolest places more comfortable.
Each Fujitsu ductless mini-split wall mount model is offered in one standard beige color. Alternate colors are not available.
One of Fujitsuâ€™s Solution Partners is SlimDuct. They specialize in line set covers. For more information, please visit www.slimduct.com or call toll-free 866-405-4051.
Fujitsu doesn’t recommend painting the evaporator. If for any reason a problem occurs with the unit in the future, the warranty will become null and void.
No. Only an authorized certified HVAC contractor can install Fujitsu units.
The plasma filter has a life span of 6 to 8 years and should be washed every 400 hours of use. The filter easily detaches to be washed with mild detergent. The filter is not dishwasher safe. An LED light on the indoor evaporator unit will notify you when it is time to clean the filter. If the light is ignored, the unit will automatically shut down after 100 additional hours of use until the filter is washed.
Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio; a measure of cooling efficiency for air conditioners and heat pumps. The higher the SEER, the more energy efficient the unit. Energy efficiency equates to lower electrical bills. Currently U.S. Governmentâ€™s minimum SEER rating is 13.
British Thermal Unit. Used to measure cooling or heating capacity; the amount of heat required to raise or lower the temperature of 1 lb of water 1°F.